CatSci Ltd is an innovation partner to the chemical research, development, and manufacturing industries, specialising in the process research and development for manufacturing drug substance and other high-value materials. CatSci Ltd has extensive knowledge and expertise in a wide range of chemistry from discovery support through to full-scale manufacturing and life-cycle management and includes detailed and novel approaches to measurement science.
As the company continues to grow rapidly, CatSci require additional experienced technical experts to join the analytical team in our world-class facility in Dagenham. Passion for science will be crucial in this role, and you will be a self-motivated person with a clear personal focus on the delivery of demanding project objectives. You will support a culture of continuous improvement, providing regular feedback that enhances team performance.
Your Impact as Senior Analytical Scientist
Reporting directly to the Analytical Team Leader, your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the Analytical Lead on customer projects, taking personal responsibility for the quality, integrity, communication, and delivery of science on your projects, and maintaining strong operational relationships with customers
- Development of analytical methods for small molecule API and intermediates (such as LC/GC-MS) and novel solutions that accelerate PR&D to meet customer expectations and timelines
- Analytical problem solving and troubleshooting working as one team with other members of PR&D
- Application of digital tools and approaches to deliver fast and efficient process understanding for our clients
Requirement for Senior Analytical Scientist
- BSc in Chemistry or a related subject with a significant experience in analytical chemistry
- Broad experience in analytical science with expertise in a field applied to the development of pharmaceutical products
- Proven ability to develop scientifically sound and robust methods of analysis using HPLC, GC, and other related techniques.
- The ability to recognise atypical data in chromatographic and spectroscopic results and the talent to resolve those issues
- Experience in Labware LIMS and Shimadzu Labsolutions software
- An appreciation of, or expertise in, synthetic chemistry, physical organic, and/or catalysis would be advantageous
- Well-developed data management and visualisation skills
- Good knowledge of applicable standards and an understanding of HSSE
- Competitive salary: £36,400 - £44,000 per annum (depending on experience + negotiable)
- 25 days annual leave + 8 days bank holiday + 2 charity days
- Company benefits
- Annual bonus
- Wellbeing Program
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to prior agreement)
- The best team to work with (even if it is us saying so!)
*As an equal opportunities employer, we will provide reasonable support to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require any adjustments in order to attend/ perform in the interview, please do not hesitate to let us know.