CatSci Ltd, based in Cardiff, UK, is an innovation partner to the chemical research, development, and manufacturing industries, specialising in the process research and development for manufacturing drug substance and other high-value materials. CatSci Ltd has extensive knowledge and expertise in a wide range of chemistry from discovery support to full-scale manufacturing and life-cycle management.
We are now in a position to expand and add the Shipping and Maintenance Coordinator's role to our Facilities Team.
Your Impact as Shipping and Maintenance Coordinator
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the successful Shipping and Maintenance Coordinator will be responsible for supporting business operations, including arranging the safe dispatch of goods, scheduling and overseeing routine maintenance of key equipment and supporting compliance and administration related to the facilities group.
This is an evolving role in a busy team, where every day is different. A flexible approach and a desire to solve problems will be essential.
The Shipping and Maintenance Coordinator’s duties may include several tasks, including:
- Packing and shipping finished products
- Manual handling (e.g. moving gas cylinders from delivery area to point of use).
- Processing and archiving key information related to shipping and / or compliance
- Maintaining licenses and permits
- Managing internal goods transfers and shipments
- Logging, monitoring and presenting relevant technical data
- Scheduling servicing and maintenance of plant/equipment
- Performing stock checks and placing orders with suppliers
- Accepting and unpacking deliveries
- Cleaning and general maintenance
- Processing laboratory waste for disposal
- Supporting the daily running of the business (including office areas)
Requirements for Shipping and Maintenance Coordinator
- Experience in a similar role (ideally within a scientific or engineering environment)
- Strong awareness of shipping requirements, including relevant UK and international regulations
- Confidence in communicating with tradespeople, suppliers, and technical experts
- A strong eye for detail
- An ability to work under pressure and with conflicting priorities
- Reliability and ability to work without supervision
- Qualifications should include GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above for Maths, Science & English. Higher qualifications (academic or technical) would be an advantage
- Relevant specific technical knowledge for shipping is desirable, but training will be provided for the right applicant.
- Competitive salary: £21,000 - £23,179 per annum (depending on experience + negotiable)
- 25 days annual leave + 8 days bank holiday + 2 charity days
- Company benefits
- Annual bonus
- Wellbeing Program
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to prior agreement)
- The best team to work with (even if it is us saying so!)
*As an equal opportunities employer, we will provide reasonable support to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require any adjustments in order to attend/ perform in the interview, please do not hesitate to let us know.