We pride ourselves on creating an environment where all our employees can flourish. As part of our team, you’ll thrive on a culture of continuous improvement and always be encouraged to be the best version of yourself. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
We are now looking for Process Research and Development Principal Team Manager to join us in our state of art laboratory facilities in Cardiff.
Your Impact as Process Research and Development Principal Team Manager
- Developing and leading the team according to CatSci values and capability framework
- Instilling a sense of purpose; setting clear direction and boundaries; providing the space for the team to be at their best
- Role modelling in leading through change, listening to concerns and modifying plans whilst ensuring delivery of CatSci strategic objectives.
- Monitoring individual + team metrics, learning objectives + performance versus targets
- Taking a leading role that ensures team members maintain and continually improve safe and compliant operations in accordance with CatSci’s HSSEQ requirements
- Developing fit-for-purpose ways of working and metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Demonstrating and delivering scientific excellence in your area of chemical expertise
- Following external scientific and technological development in the area of small molecule chemical development
- Taking responsibility for budgets and finances according to the delegation of authority
Requirements for Process Research and Development Principal Team Manager
- A PhD in chemistry, or relevant discipline, with extensive experience in synthetic organic and process chemistry
- People Management experience
- Excellent task management and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to new environments and lead and inspire change
- Ability to lead by influence and drive consensus as well as lead and motivate cross-functional teams
- Understanding of chemical synthesis and process chemistry, and experience within the pharmaceutical sector
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively to solve demanding problems
- A partnership mentality that encourages the use of state of the art science and technology solutions that deliver value for customers.
- Competitive salary: £47,000 - £56,000 per annum (depending on experience + negotiable)
- 25 days annual leave + 8 days bank holiday + 2 charity days
- Company benefits
- Annual bonus
- Wellbeing Program
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to prior agreement)
- Career Development
- The best team to work with (even if it is us saying so!)
*As an equal opportunities employer, we will provide reasonable support to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require any adjustments in order to attend/ perform in the interview, please do not hesitate to let us know.